frequently asked questions
1. I am not located near Los Angeles. Can I ship my tapes to you?
Yes. Many of our clients come from states far and wide. Simply box your tapes and send them to our Los Angeles (Tarzana) location listed in the contact section of the website. We'll send your DVDs and original tapes back to you when your order is complete. Pay with a check in the mail or by credit card through the tape to dvd transfer co.'s secure online pay center powered through Pay Pal.
2. I have a ton of tapes! Can you put more than one tape transfer on a DVD?
Absolutely! That's what Consolidate is all about. Depending on how much material is on each of your tapes, we can often put 3, 4, 5 or more tapes on a single DVD. And each tape will remain a separate choice on your completed DVD so you can click to watch any of the original tapes you want directly from the menu page. Each tape title you click on will then give you all the chapter selections associated with that tape. That's what Intelligent Chapter Design is all about.
3. What if I want a digital file plus a DVD. Do you offer any discount for both options?
We do! If you want a digital file so you can watch your movies on a computer or digital device, or edit clips from your movies via a computer program such as iMovie, Final Cut Pro or others, we will supply you with the appropriate file format. When you add a digital file to a DVD order, you receive 50% off the price of the digital file.
4. Some of my tapes appear to be damaged. Can you transfer from a damaged or broken tape?
Usually we can. Depending upon the extent of the damage, our technicians can often repair the tape well enough to extract the material and complete the transfer. For most repairs there is no additional charge. It's our mission to go out of our way to help you preserve and protect your memories.
5. You offer a lifetime guarantee for each tape transfer. Would I need to send back the original tape in order to have a new DVD created?
No. We archive all master DVD burning files along with the accompanying DVD labels and inserts so that we can create a brand new DVD for you if the original gets scratched or stops working for any reason. Simply send us the defective DVD and we will replace it for free.
* click to watch a short video on the tape to dvd transfer co's simple process.
* for more tips and info on the tape to dvd transfer process, click here to read an online tutorial.